Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Sickies at Home

Well, Dan, Tristan and I had originally planned Halloween with my daughter Brittany and our little grand kids trick or treating on historic Main Street in St. Charles.


We all ended up sick instead, I came down with this seasons big butt kicking cold and passed it on to both of the boys.  So we had to stay in this Halloween, and since Aelfheim is on a rural highway, no trick or treaters here!

Step up to the front door and visit us this Halloween!

Come in and sit for a spell!

Our table is set with an interesting combination of treats and cold remedies!

Don't forget the throat coat tea, it isn't the cough that carries you off, it's the coffin they carry you off in!

We decked the house out with our Halloween decor.  

And I made a big pot of my moms meatball soup in the crock pot, complete with Halloween pasta. 
2 cans tomato soup
2 cans beef broth
2 cans water
Good splash of red wine
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 onion diced
1 bag frozen meatballs browned
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
Salt, pepper, cracked red pepper and Italian herbs to taste
Boiled pasta of your choice.

Toss it all in the crockpot and cook for 3-4 hours, add the pasta right before serving.

We relaxed, started off the evening with Practical Magic and then watched random scary movies while styling warm inside



Happy Halloween from the Mueller's to you!  Don't forget to take your garlic! It's good to ward of colds and vampires alike!

Blessings!
Mickie

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mickie, you've got a container labeled "Ash Keys" there next to the odorless garlic: I've never seen anything like that before—are those the seed pods from ash trees? Sorry you folk have been ill—but it seems you made some lemonade with your lemons anyway, and that's what counts. -Reifyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloween, Mickie!
    I am sorry to know you are unwell. I wish to get well soon! I loved your Halloween decor :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thoroughly enjoyed your tour of Aelfheim and seeing your decorations. Love them! Also, thanks for sharing the recipe. I will have to give it a try - where did you find the pasta? We had chili last night. This morning I am watching Bell, Book and Candle. I never got around to it before Halloween/Samhain. Hope you all are back up to par soon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your feedback, please leave a note on my old wooden art table!